Subject: Re: [boost] [any] boost::get style accessors
From: Christoph Heindl (christoph.heindl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-30 09:28:02

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 12:57 PM, Stewart, Robert
<Robert.Stewart_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> +1 for having a common approach to extracting such values.  boost::get<> is consistent with tuples, not just variant, so I think it is the right interface.  any_cast is, of course, highly specific.

What are the next logical steps? Should I come up with an initial
implementation and post it as patch (against the trunk) to the mailing
list, or should I remain silent until some decision is made by library
maintainers, people on the mailing list or whoever is in charge.

-- Christoph