Subject: Re: [boost] DotNet FileSystemWatcher like library proposal.
From: Boris Schaeling (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-30 15:47:49

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 21:28:46 +0200, Eric MALENFANT
<Eric.Malenfant_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> De Scott McMurray:
>> On 29 April 2010 23:43, Fernando Pelliccioni wrote:
>> >
>> > Basically the library monitors for file system changes and notifies
>> throwing
>> > events.
>> >

>> I think that'd definitely be a worthy addition.
>>
>> I'm curious how you see the interface. Perhaps something inspired by
>> ASIO?
>
> In fact, I think that something for ASIO already exists. See this
> thread: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.asio.user/2699/

The current version supports Windows (based on IOCP) and Linux (based on
inotify) and can be found at
<http://www.highscore.de/boost/dir_monitor.zip>. As the directory monitor
was released under the Boost Software License everyone is invited to add
support for new platforms (the architecture should be self-explanatory; if
not ask me :).

Boris