Subject: Re: [boost] [xint] Third release is ready, requesting preliminary review
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-01 05:23:17

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chad Nelson" <chad.thecomfychair_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2010 7:35 AM

> I'm happy to announce that the third release of the Extended Integer
> library is ready, in both the sandbox and the Vault.
>
> This is a major overhaul of the library, taking into account all of the
> feedback and recommendations provided on the first two:
>
> * The exception-blocking system is gone, replaced by a separate
> nothrow_integer class.
>
> * There's now a fixed_integer class template as well.
>
> * The test functions now use Boost.Test, and the documentation has been
> moved to Doxygen.
>
> * Nearly every function received a thorough examination as well; many of
> them were tweaked, and a few completely replaced.
>
> Please take a look and let me know what you think of the changes. I'm
> very happy with them.

Hi,

you forget to say in the documentation that your library needs to be built and included on the user program. Ths is inportant to know for a lot of people.

"How do I use it?
That's the best part. If you've installed or compiled the Boost library already, all you need to do is add #include <boost/xint/xint.hpp> at the top of your source code file and declare your variable as type boost::xint::integer."

Best,
Vicente Juan Botet Escribá
http://viboes.blogspot.com/