Subject: Re: [boost] [xint] Third release is ready, requesting preliminary review
From: joel falcou (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-02 02:44:45

Chad Nelson wrote:
> If you're saying that people often write multithreaded programs, then I
> have to disagree. In my experience, it's rare, and most programmers
> actively avoid them.

Plural of anedocte is not data.
In genral, not taking multithreading seriously now is likely to be a
problem in the upcoming years.

>> Then it means you did somethign wrong or the code doesn't lend itself
>> to trivial multithreading ...

Sorry for the tone of that, I wasn't implying anything wrong with
yourself, just that this
kind of result (multithreaded version being slower) is usually because
soemthing don't lend itself to
be multithreaded. Do you have this MT code somewhere still, i may have a
look if needed.

Joel Falcou - Assistant Professor
PARALL Team - LRI - Universite Paris Sud XI
Tel : (+33)1 69 15 66 35