Subject: Re: [boost] [iterator] Help needed understanding output_iterator requirements
From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-02 16:41:19

Hi,

thanks for looking at this.

> The problem is not in Jeremy's patch it is in MultiArray not
> making sure that the facade based iterator supports output.

Perhaps, but Jeremy's patch prevents that any proxy based iterator can be an output_iterator. This is why I'm asking for help understanding the output_iterator requirements. I don't think that MultiArray has any chance of avoiding the proxy. What also strikes me as odd about Jeremy's patch is that it makes "iterator_writability_disabled" completly unused, yet doesn't removes it or updates the documentation of iterator_facade_default_category.

Regards,
Thomas