Subject: Re: [boost] [xint] Third release is ready, requesting preliminary review
From: Scott McMurray (me22.ca+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-03 19:37:21

On 3 May 2010 19:33, Chad Nelson <chad.thecomfychair_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I was just providing some code pointing out why max and min had to be
> defined in numeric_limits<xint::integer>, even though they only return
> zeros.

And I was pointing out that, no, they don't *have* to be defined for
generic code to work, since is_bounded is a compile-time constant,
making it possible to not compile the max()- and min()-using code when
it has value false.

The standard seems to only talk about fundamental types having
specializations, so it's unclear to me whether members that are not
"meaningful" are meant to be provided or not.