Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] Helping out Phoenix v3
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-04 14:25:30

> > Even if I'm only remotely connected to this I would like to emphasize
> > the importance of a simple extension interface. By 'simple' I mean: hide
> Proto!
> > We do not need the full power of Proto here and forcing every user to
> > understand Proto's fine details before he is able to write his own
> > actor is not good. Yes, it is possible to hide Proto completely behind
> > a set of well-crafted domain specific (i.e. Phoenix) interfaces. This
> > has been done already in Spirit (V2) and has proven to work well.
>
> Hartmut, where can I find the documentation for Spirit's extensibility
> mechanism?

Ahem... There isn't any :-P At least nothing complete. There are bits and
pieces described in several places (like here:

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_42_0/libs/spirit/doc/html/spirit/advanced/in
depth/parsers_indepth.html

and here:

http://boost-spirit.com/home/articles/qi-example/creating-your-own-parser-co
mponent-for-spirit-qi/), but nothing coherent yet.

You'll have to resolve to the source code for now, sorry.

Regards Hartmut

Meet me at BoostCon
www.boostcon.com