Subject: Re: [boost] [castor] Interest in Logic Paradigm for C++ ?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-05 08:05:31

This will be of interest to some - but don't be deterred if the initial response is underwhelming - this is 'niche
market' stuff ;-)

Many (most?) potential users will not read this group - though you have got a good response from those that do..

I'm fairly ignorant of the 'pro-logicians domain' but it looks in pretty good shape.

But a few things I noticed that Boosters generally like for a Boost library are:

* use Boost.Test - this is very desirable for the portable testing regime.

* included files are .hpp (or .ipp) and

* structure of files isn't Boost style (bizarre as it may seem).

* ALL files need a licence and copyright.

* Quickbook toolchain is preferred documentation method - but you have obviously got a good system going already. pdf
are fine but doc not so popular - and not everyone can convert doc to pdf.

* Some find Doxygen docs useful for reference - both standalone and as reference section within Quickbook. This ensure
that code and docs keep in sync (and save you from (re-)editing the .doc files!). Doxygen reference may be especially
useful where the functions of the functions are not as guessable as is common.

* the tests provide quite a lot of examples, but a formal libs/example folder with several annotated examples is popular
(and is very useful to get people started - as well as the nice tutorial). (Using Quickbook allows you to pick out
snippets from header and example files).

* using bjam is recommended (though a pig to get going).

All these are quite easily fixable (though changing the tests will need some key-bashing).

Good luck (and ask here for further help).

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse