Subject: Re: [boost] [Iterators] Iterators and higher-order programming
From: Neil Groves (neil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-07 05:54:11

> Thomas Jordan a ?crit :
> > Hi,
> > One of the interesting things about the iterators library, it seems to
> me, is the additional support it gives for higher-order,
> > functional-style programming. For example, you can use the transform and
> filter iterators to produce a simple 'Comprehension' object
> > which permits list-comprehension type of syntax to be used, instead of
> conventional loops
>
> You might want to look at the range library then, which has been
> recently modified to add support for things like:
>
> some_range | transformed(f) | filtered(p)
> Thanks/merci, Mathias (and apologies for my late reply), I am now looking
> at 1.43.0 Boost::Range!
>
> T.
>
> If during your familiarisation you have any ideas especially regarding
documentation improvements, or additional features then please let me know.
I am intending to add more tutorial documentation to easy initial
familiarisation. I am aware that working straight from the reference
material does make the initial learning experience more difficult than it
ought to be.

Regards,
Neil Groves