Subject: Re: [boost] [LA] vector_traits for setters
From: Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. (jhellrung_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-11 01:35:19

On 5/10/2010 9:10 PM, Barend Gehrels wrote:
> Hi Emil,
>
> Emil Dotchevski wrote:
>> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 12:58 PM, Daniel Pfeifer
>> <daniel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>> The problem is that Qt's vector types have setters and no
>>> non-const-ref getters.
>> (...) your feedback means that probably I should change the traits types
>> to use setters.
> We did exactly the same for Boost.Geometry (long ago). First have
> non-const-ref getters and lateron moved to setters... Seems it cannot be
> avoided.
>
> Regards, Barend

Without studying proposed Boost.LA's extension mechanism, is it possible
to use proxies for those vector/matrix types that only (natively)
provide a setter interface? That is, if that manages to keep the
Boost.LA interface convenient and/or improves efficiency for those types
which do provide reference-to-non-const access to components...

- Jeff