Subject: [boost] "Is Boost Broken?". - post script
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-11 10:01:29

Last night I gave my presentation "Is Boost Broken?". I just wanted to add
a few observations now that I've had an opportunity to sleep on it.

Those who are interested, can download the powerpoint presentation at
http://www.rrsd.com/software_development/boost/BoostCon2010/index.htm . A
large part of the content was really contained in the response from the
participants which is not available. Someday there maybe a video in which
you'll be able to appreciate my bombastic personal delivery.

I was surprised at how positively the proposals presented were received. I
had feared the worst but hoped that some of the ideas presented might worm
their way into Boost. It seems that there was more interest than that. I
had crafted my proposal after having spent a lot of time following the
mailing lists and I believe that proposal reflects a lot of the concerns
that others have raised in piecemeal fashion. So in retrospect maybe I
should have been more optimistic.

I was careful to keep the focus on what facilities I think Boost needs and
not get too involved in what it would take to implement these ideas or the
specific form they might take. But given the interest, I'm now thinking
more seriously of what it would take to make the ideas in this proposal
reality. I'm here at Boost Con 2010 if you want to help in some way with
this.

Also, tonight, Dave Abrahams is scheduled to present his project "ryppl".
I'm not privy to any of the details, but I suspect that this might dovetail
with my own presentation. It will very likely bring out more discussion on
the future of Boost.

Robert Ramey
BoostCon 2010
Aspen, Colorado