Subject: Re: [boost] [fiber] new version
From: Oliver Kowalke (k-oli_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-12 14:59:54

Hello Vladimir,

boost-fiber implements some code in assembler (no inline-asm) for
different platforms (OS and architecture).
In order to select the correct assembler code I need:

- architecture/instruction set (i386,x86_64, ppc, arm, ...)
- memory-model (32/64 bit)
- binary format (elf,mach-o, windowpe)

Boost-build already defines properties
<architecture>,<instruction-set>,<memory-model>. Unfortunatly as
optional properties - so I can not rely on it in the Jamfile (I
alreadytried to use them but they where never set on 64bit Linux+
gcc-4.x -> bjam --debug-build).
For the binary format I didn't found an property provided by boost.build.

I was forced to use the python support in bjam which will proprably
annoy users.

regards,
Oliver