Subject: Re: [boost] [Booster] Or boost is useless for library developers
From: Artyom (artyomtnk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-16 03:36:21

> libstdc++ does none of these things. Instead what libstdc++
> does is implement a fixed interface (as specified by the
> standard), and accepts the code is "ABI frozen", accepting
> the pain this can bring because ABI stability is important.

Not exactly.

All pure template classes like STL containers do not have pimpl for
obvious reasons but...

- std::locale class is fully pimpled.
- All standard locale facets are fully pimpled and most complicated
  operations moved into implementation and are subject to change.
- If I'm not mistaken file/io is pimpled as well.

So complex stuff like locale, facets is hidden.

Artyom