Subject: Re: [boost] [Booster] Or boost is useless for library developers
From: Isidor Zeuner (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-18 09:40:31

> I get that it would be nice to have maintenance releases that
> include backported bug fixes so that one could continue to use older
> releases for a longer period rather than chasing the latest release
> to get bug fixes. That would ensure longer lived ABI compatibility.
> That much I can see being considered. The rest is just antithetical
> to Boost.

Well, boost's design makes it particularly hard to fix all too
much without breaking the ABI. So, libraries that want to be
ABI-stable will likely want to put an indirection layer around code
which uses boost. What I am wondering is if there would be some
interest in the boost community to build such an indirection layer (or
building blocks thereof).

Best regards,

Isidor