Subject: Re: [boost] Is there a plan to provide a C++0x std library repository in Boost?
From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-18 18:27:19

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 6:22 AM, Doug Gregor <doug.gregor_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Dean Michael Berris
>>
>> I'm not sure about Boost, but I did learn that clang (and thus, Apple)
>> is providing a BSD-licensed standard library implementation called
>> libc++. I know there is an effort to implement some non-standard
>> algorithms in Boost in an Algorithms library, but that might not be
>> the same.
>
> FWIW, libc++ is hosted at http://libcxx.llvm.org/ , but I digress.

Ah, yes, I mis-quoted. It just so happened that the discussion was
happening in the clang-dev list. :)

>> Are you planning on implementing a standard library in Boost? :)
>
> Well, we certainly should be looking forward to taking some of the
> best Boost libraries and moving them into the-C++-after-C++0x.

That I agree with. Noting that Boost already has an implementation of
the threading library as well as the futures library that may be part
of the C++0x standard, it would not be absurd if we were able to push
something like multi-index containers into the standard library.

Also, just mentioning the algorithms library again, it would be good
if we were able to push the string algorithms into the next version of
the standard.

--
Dean Michael Berris
deanberris.com