Subject: Re: [boost] BoostCon 2011 Dates and Hotel Discount (this week only!)
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-18 20:31:13

At Tue, 18 May 2010 15:25:40 -0700,
Steven Watanabe wrote:

> David Abrahams wrote:
> > At Tue, 18 May 2010 16:24:35 -0400,
> > Stefan Seefeld wrote:
> >
> >> I'm asking mainly because I have plans to get back to some code I have
> >> in the boost sandbox, and want to get an idea what tools to use, i.e.
> >> whether I should attempt again to get familiar with boost.build, or
> >> whether the new True Way is something different.
> >>

> > Heh. IMO BB hasn't been the True Way for quite some time. But of
> > course that's just IMO.
> >

> I'm not quite sure what you mean. Boost.Build is still the official
> build system. Every Boost library currently has to support it,
> at least by the time it gets into the trunk.

All true. What I mean is that I believe it is better for Boost's
health in the long run to be working with a widely-used build system
that's supported by more than one or two people, and I'm going to
encourage the use of CMake with Ryppl. More details to come...

--
Dave Abrahams           Meet me at BoostCon: http://www.boostcon.com
BoostPro Computing