Subject: Re: [boost] BoostCon 2011 Dates and Hotel Discount (this week only!)
From: edouard_at_[hidden]
Date: 2010-05-19 11:10:49

On Wed, 19 May 2010 09:44:47 -0500, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> OK, perhaps a poll is in order at this point. I'll set one up for people

> to fill out.. Do people have suggestions as to good places to consider
> for holding some future BoostCon at? My shorts list is:
>
> * New York
> * New Jersey
> * Toronto
> * Chicago

Cities with direct flight from major European cities would have my
preference. Aspen is pretty remote when you come from Europe. My personal
preference would go for NYC, but that's just because I like the city. I'm
sure I could rationalize if needed. ;)

Nevertheless, as long as I don't have to connect and prices are reasonable
I'm all for it.

I'm not sure the location is that important regarding the atmosphere of a
conference. What matters are the people and the talks. I'm however pretty
certain location is paramount when people decide to come or not.

I understand it's delicate to make a conference successful and finding
"the" right new location is going to require several iterations, but to
grow a plant you have to move it to a larger pot.

-Edouard