Subject: Re: [boost] BoostCon 2011 Location
From: Stewart, Robert (Robert.Stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-19 11:19:52

Joel Falcou wrote:

> OK, I'll take this opportunity to get the stuff out of the bag.
> I proposed Dave to look at some possibility for a Boost'Con Europe
> in Paris. The question is:
>
> - how may european will show that doesn't come to US ?
> - how many US citizen won't come cause it's in europe ?
> - how many US citizen will come cause it's in europe ?
>
> basically, will there enough people so the stuff doesn't fail.

I have to justify my attendance now and only just succeeded to prove enough value to the company this year. Depending upon the sessions presented each year, the job can be easier or harder, of course. However, I am 99% certain I couldn't justify a trip to Europe sufficiently.

I'd expect that a BoostCon in Europe would be for the benefit of those in Europe as those in the US have been for those in the US. I know that you and others have come from around the globe, but you are outnumbered by those from the US and would probably rethink doing so in the future if there were one held in Europe.

_____
Rob Stewart robert.stewart_at_[hidden]