Subject: Re: [boost] [Booster] Or boost is useless for library developers
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-19 15:36:47

Artyom <artyomtnk <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> > ...most of its functionality can be found in
> > other libraries (like ACE
> > instead of ASIO...)...
>
> 1. Boost has better design (I love ASIO API, but I hate compilation
> times and bloat)

ABI issues aside and not to step on anyone foots, but I personally would never
use ASIO in my production code regardless how cool API is. There is no reason
for the networking library to be implemented in headers (I myself developed 3
different async IO libraries for different companies, so I do have experience in
this domain). I pretty sure you can have the same API with 99% of implementation
hidden offline.

Gennadiy