Subject: Re: [boost] BoostCon 2011 Location
From: Nevin Liber (nevin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-20 02:10:47

On 19 May 2010 10:11, Stewart, Robert <Robert.Stewart_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Supposing twice as many would attend if the cost were half this year's, then there must be room for nearly 200 in a single auditorium, plus at least one other room capable of holding half that many to account for at least two simultaneous tracks and the keynote.  With that number of attendees, it isn't unreasonable to think of three or four tracks (one for tutorials on Boost libraries, for example).

Doubling the number of talks is a different issue. Now, some people
have tutorial talks they've made in other venues which they can adapt
to BoostCon, adding another 15-20 talks seems like a lot. Plus, the
draw (for me, anyway) is that most of the talks are not repeats of
previous BoostCon talks.

If we are doing this in a hotel in a big city, it is rarely
off-season, and we'll have to commit to the conference rooms long
before speakers commit to their talks.

I'm not against tutorials; rather, logistics are never easy.

Another thought: if the conference is going to move for 2012, there
had better be a plan and point person for 2013 by the end of BoostCon
2011...
 Nevin

--
 Nevin Liber  <mailto:nevin_at_[hidden]>  (847) 691-1404