Subject: Re: [boost] Let's use stack exchange!
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-21 09:12:55

At Thu, 15 Apr 2010 17:11:57 -0400,
Scott McMurray wrote:

> > Hi,
> >        I would prefer it to keep a mailing list. It's a great way to
> > centralize all information and discussions you need in only one place,
> > considering that most of us do not subscribe only one.
> >

> I also like mailing lists. With them I can:
> 1) Keep track of what I've dealt with and what still needs attention
> 2) Mark threads as uninteresting and not see them again
> 3) Consolidate the communication of multiple projects on one screen if desired
>
> I don't know of any other system that allows those capabilities.

I agree that email works well for many purposes. The one thing I'd
like to see done differently is that our email lists be integrated
with a web-based forum system, not because I particularly like using
that interface, but because

  1. Many others prefer it, and

  2. Most such systems (e.g. phpbb) make it trivial to create new
     lists/groups. I think it would be useful if each library review
     got its own list.

--
Dave Abrahams           Meet me at BoostCon: http://www.boostcon.com
BoostPro Computing