Subject: Re: [boost] 1.43 build broken on MSVC 8.0
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-21 22:41:53

On 5/21/2010 8:53 PM, OvermindDL1 wrote:
> On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Steven Watanabe<watanabesj_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> AMDG
>>
>> Rene Rivera wrote:

>>> Ah, yes, we've had that come up before.. Unfortunately the "--" options
>>> are an open set. So it's rather hard to actually detect when those are
>>> non-existent.
>>
>> Is there some way that we could mark options as used?
>> Could we require everything to go through the options
>> module instead of doing a raw match against ARGV?
>> At least, would it be reasonable to warn about arguments
>> that would look like properties if they didn't have the --?
>
> We have a library in Boost to handle all this, why is it itself not
> used? If it is because of missing functionality, that indicates
> something in that library that should be fixed. As I recall,
> program_options also warns about incorrect flags.

Yeah.. Except bjam is written in "C" ;-) And even if it where in C++,
which I'm considering doing, the nature of bjam as an interpreted ad-hoc
modular language interpreter doesn't lend itself to pre-declaring such
options. But what Steven suggest is the only way I've though about to
handle it.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything