Subject: Re: [boost] [config] Major upgrade to Boost.Config symbol visibility macros
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-22 12:19:23

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 9:29 AM, Niels Dekker - address until 2010-10-10

> Cool. BTW, I noted that this changeset also includes a switch from using
> Boost Test to Peter Dimov's lightweight test library. Coincidentally I'm
> considering the very same switch for value_init_test: [value_init] Please
> replace Boost Test ("minimal.hpp") by lightweight_test,
> http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4246
>
> I submitted #4246, because various compilers, including IBM V11.1, Sun 5.10,
> MINGW-4.3.3, and Borland 6.2.1 (Codegear, Embarcadero) no longer compile
> Boost Test. Is that also the reason why you switched to lightweight_test?

Boost.System (and Boost.Filesystem) are critical to both Boost's and
my personal testing. Thus in these I don't like dependencies on
anything that has a history of breaking. I also find it is a bit
easier to debug with lightweight_test on platforms I'm not very
familiar with.

--Beman