Subject: Re: [boost] [Review] Formal Review: Boost.Move
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-22 12:25:29

On 22/05/2010 13:41, vicente.botet wrote:
> Hi Ion,
>
> It seems to me that the optimization mode is more related to a
> specific class than the complete application. How can interact two
> parts of the same application that uses different optimization mode?
> Shouldn't be better to define separated macros?

They could coexist, but generic algorithms could not take advantage of
optimized mode advantages, unless they detect this optimized mode and
apply a more tailored algorithm for them, which seems absolutely
non-generic ;-)

I would prefer just having one mode, which is equivalent of having a
well-specified MoveConstructible or MoveAssignable properties for any
type. But, of course, this is an opinion and reviewers have the last word.

Best,

Ion