Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-docs] Maintaining boost.org
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-24 23:04:56

On 5/24/2010 9:34 PM, Dean Michael Berris wrote:
> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 4:52 AM, Daniel James<dnljms_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On 24 May 2010 15:41, Rene Rivera<grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>>
>>> There are a few things that might be difficult to achieve when implementing
>>> the website in a CMS.
>>
>> That shouldn't be a problem, a lot of the existing site should be able
>> to live alongside a CMS. I'll continue to maintain that if necessary
>> and we could move the appropriate pages to the CMS or the wiki over
>> time.
>>

> Sounds like a good plan. :)
>
> So who has the keys to the kingdom (so to speak) and have access to
> the server hosting the current site?

I mostly do.. But it depends on what you need done on the server. If I
can't do it, because of permissions, I end up contacting the server the
server admins. But if it's just content changes.. You already have
access through the svn repo.

> I can get some help with a few
> designer friends who might be interested in contributing to theming
> the boost.org site.

Theming is not really a big concern. It's the rest of the stuff.
Although you can try reading through the multi-year process I went
through just to get the current theme :-)

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything