Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-docs] Maintaining boost.org
From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-25 02:26:23

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 11:43 AM, David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> At Tue, 25 May 2010 10:27:18 +0800, Dean Michael Berris wrote:
>>
>> Wiki's work for collaborative editing but ultimately the site should
>> cater not only for the developers writing the documentation but be
>> geared more towards those that are reading it.
>>
>> I have a few more things to say about this and I'll most probably
>> write them out in another email for more concrete action.
>
> One thing I've noticed about blogs is that they seem to encourage
> participation in comments by people who might be not want to post in a
> forum (like this one) where everything has equal status.

Yup, I think it's because the barrier to entry with participation in
blogs is technically lower than with mailing lists. With blogs, you
can (typically) comment right away providing as little required
information as possible. I think the users list might be a good source
of information from which typical responses can be culled and
distilled into forms that are more "comment-friendly" in blog posts.
Not only is this good Google juice but it's also just more convenient
to manage discussions on a specific topic with enough context without
having to ask people to not top-post or overquote. ;)

--
Dean Michael Berris
deanberris.com