Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-docs] Maintaining boost.org
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-25 12:18:01

At Tue, 25 May 2010 21:57:42 +0800,
Dean Michael Berris wrote:

> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 9:54 PM, Joel Falcou <joel.falcou_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > Dean Michael Berris wrote:
> >>
> >> Yup, but if Python was preferred I'd think Sphinx would be a better
> >> solution for documentation.
> >
> > I'm all up for using Sphinx as a doc generator for boost.
> > I think Troy Strashzeim has a spiffy boost-like template written in Sphinx.
>
> Oh cool! That would be really neat.
>
> Now I think for all intents and purposes I have to think about whether
> there is a way for Sphinx to understand Quickbook or use it
> underneath. I know it should be feasible to do but it's also some work
> that I would much rather avoid or not have to do. :D

Sphinx == docutils underneath. It has front-end readers, a transform
phase, and backend writers. To get it to understand Quickbook one
would write a Quickbook Reader component.
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0258/#docutils-project-model

I suggest trying to avoid tackling this until later. It doesn't seem
like there's an essential need to change the way we deal with
quickbook.

--
Dave Abrahams           Meet me at BoostCon: http://www.boostcon.com
BoostPro Computing