Subject: Re: [boost] [proposal] The boost.org Maintenance Effort
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-26 23:23:28

On 5/26/2010 9:01 PM, Dean Michael Berris wrote:
> So far, DisQus has been the leader in the comment-hosting field --
> they're being used by the big enough blogs that generate insane
> traffic. They're cloud-hosted and grow on demand last time I checked,
> and I've had no problems with them yet. The worst case scenario would
> be that we host the comments, which might not be the best use of
> (limited) resources we have on the server that's going to be hosting
> the site.

I should point out that the original, which was partially working, had
comments hosted by us. At the time I searched for a non-self-hosted
solution but the commenting tools field was essentially non-existent at
the time.

> Yes (although I can't check at the moment, BBPress' site seems to be
> having problems). I'll look deeper into it. At the very least RSS per
> topic/thread should be available and AFAIK would be standard in
> reasonably modern bulletin board systems.

In case it's not obvious.. Many people here prefer the mail list for
most stuff. Since I use a few other development web forums, I still
prefer mail lists. But there are advantages to web forums, StackOverflow
being one of the few successful designs I've seen.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything