Subject: Re: [boost] [MSM] compiling MSM with GCC 4.4.1 and -fno-exception
From: Christophe Henry (christophe.j.henry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-27 08:59:59

Hi Richard,

>Hi Christophe
>
>Yes it works with typedef int no_exception_thrown;
>I was using typedef int no_exception; which is used in euml examples
>than I have look at the code and I figured out that it is actually
>no_exception_thrown instead of no_exception.

Yes, euml uses another name (which is an instance of an internal type,
and not a type definition like no_exception_thrown but I disgress).

>So now I can compile with -fno-rtti and -fno-exception thank you very
>much for the support !!!!!.

Great!

>I have a question related to the fix for no-rtti the define
>BOOST_NO_RTTI removes function definition : HandledEnum
>process_any_event( ::boost::any const& evt);
>which is called in flavor_compile_time in case of composite state.
>
>In case if I'm using favor_runtime_speed which is the default I
>believe than I can still use composite states with no-rtti ?.
>
>Br.
>Richie

Yes of course. The method process_any_event is simply there for the
favor_compile_time policy (to allow compiling submachines on different
cores). So without rtti, all you lose is the possibility to trade
runtime speed in exchange for a better compile time, which is in your
case probably unimportant as you seem to be more interested in
performance.

Regards,

Christophe