Subject: [boost] [gil] Is bit_aligned_pixel_iterator a standard conformant random access iterator?
From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-30 22:27:29

Hi there, I'm having an interesting discussion over at the MSDN forums
regarding compiler errors with MSVC10 that show up when using standard
algorithms and bit_aligned images. Basically the question is why
MSVC10 doesn't understand that bit_aligned_pixel_iterator is a random
access iterator. For some reasons it thinks it's an input iterator and
though std::copy, in this case, cannot find the correct copy
implementation.

One of the folks over at MSDN thinks that bit_aligned_pixel_iterator
isn't implemented correctly with the interator_facade. He/She also
thinks that iterator isn't fully standard compliant since it doesn't
give a real reference but a proxy object instead when deferencing. I'm
not sure if that's correct. Anyone knows if that's true or not.

Here is the full text:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vcgeneral/thread/3c9eac4f-86e4-490b-bbde-dbd70176b0f8

In any event it seems I need to do some adjustment in the the gil code
to have it working with my gil io extension and MSVC10. Right now I
have the compiler errors all over my test suite.

Regards,
Christian