Subject: Re: [boost] [boost::endian] Request for comments/interest
From: Tomas Puverle (tomas.puverle_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-02 09:37:27

> Aha!

Sounds good! :)

> > In the typed approach, the endianness becomes the property of the message.
>
> I think this is the appropriate separation of concerns. The endianness is a
> property of how the data in the message is represented.

Ok, I don't want to belabor this point, as you are the expert in your domain, so
I'm just going to say I am not convinced and leave it at that.

> I see your point now for the in-place case. Thank you!

Great! Code always helps me, glad we were able to go on the same page.

> I think this approach would have similar performance to your swap() and
> swap_in_place(). Tomorrow night, I'll make some measurements.

That would certainly be useful. However, I do contend that there are other
effects, too, which will be hard to measure, which I discussed in another one of
my emails.

Tom