Subject: Re: [boost] [boost::endian] endian_pack split version
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-03 18:33:27

I have split the Beman endian implementation in two classes/files endian.hpp as before and endian_pack.hpp. The split has been straightforward.
All the test passes on cygwin gcc-3.4, mingw gcc 4.4 and MSVC 9.0Express (all Little endian).

I have added a endian_pack_test.cpp file which is based on the endian_test.cpp file (just changing endian by endian_pack and removing operator ++ test). In order to make the test as transparent as possible I have defined also the corresponing types to big32_t as big32_pt (for pack type).

The attached patch contains the new and modified files.

Beman, could you take a look to see if this changes can be incorporated in your library? If this is the case, I can work on the documentation.

Can someone test other platforms, compilers?

Best,
Vicente