Subject: Re: [boost] [filesystem] Version 3 of Boost.Filesystem added to trunk
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-04 06:38:53

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 7:20 PM, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
>> I tried converting quickbook last night. It was pretty simple, there
>> were a few compile errors but I was able to fix them all by either
>> using the replacement methods or removing 'fs::native' from the
>> constructor. That's for g++ 4.5 on darwin.
>
> Hum... The configuration is currently such that you aren't getting all
> the transition aids. I'm pretty sure quickbook should work out of the
> box without any changes. Let me give it a try. I'll get back to you
> once a fix is committed.

OK, after revision 62420, quickbook works as is with v3.

While it is great when existing code works with v3 without changes, it
would be better for the long run to avoid use of deprecated names and
features. All new code should define BOOST_FILESYSTEM_NO_DEPRECATED.

I'm working on better docs for transitioning existing code.

Thanks,

--Beman