Subject: Re: [boost] The bug sprint has started!
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-06 11:18:24

Anthony,
I have continued the analisys of the old Boost.Thread tikets.

These 5 tickes should b closed:
Ticket Summary Status Owner Type Severity Modified
TO BE DELETED 1.34.1 #802 [thread] MSVS: Allow use of thread headers with /Za assigned anthonyw Patches Problem 7 months
TO BE DELETED 1.34.1 #1138 Problems with TSS and static thread library new speedsnail Bugs Problem 7 months

SHOULD BE OK NOW? #1826 Auto detection of threadapi and target-os broken under cygwin gcc new anthonyw Bugs Problem 2 years
REVISSION 62079 #2486 thread: no documented thread move support function new anthonyw Bugs Problem 7 months
REVISSION 57380 #2739 shouldn't at_thread_exit work on the main thread? new anthonyw Bugs Problem 7 months

These 3 have already a patch available.
PATCH AVAILABLE #2330 thread::interrupt() can be lost if condition_variable::wait() in progress new anthonyw Bugs Showstopper 6 months
PATCH AVAILABLE #2918 shared_mutex for win32 size optimization new anthonyw Patches Optimization 14 months
PATCH AVAILABLE #2955 [patch] recursive mutex impossible if pthread_mutexattr_settype not defined new anthonyw Patches Showstopper 7 months

This would reduce of 8 the number of tickets.

These 7 tickets are quite simple: Let me now if you want I wrok on providing a patch for some of them.

DOCUMENTATION SIMPLE #2639 documentation should be extended new anthonyw Feature Requests Not Applicable 7 months
DOCUMENTATION #3160 Duplicate tutorial code in boost::thread new anthonyw Tasks Cosmetic 7 months
SIMPLE #868 [thread] thread_specific_ptr::element_type ? assigned anthonyw Patches Problem 10 months
SIMPLE #2747 inline warning new anthonyw Bugs Problem 7 months
SIPLE #3179 Sleep with local_time new anthonyw Bugs Problem 7 months
SIPLE #3244 XLC warnings about missing "private" keyword when extending boost::noncopyable new anthonyw Bugs Problem 7 months

Best,
Vicente