Subject: Re: [boost] Active Tickets report and accepted info
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-07 09:38:08

On 6/7/2010 8:11 AM, David Abrahams wrote:
> At Mon, 7 Jun 2010 14:05:34 +0200,
> vicente.botet wrote:

>> Is there an error on the report or the maintainers do not use to
>> accept the tickets? I find this information very useful, if it
>> states that the maintainer accept to take care of this ticket.
>
> I think the feature is at best underused.

I find it more like it's not really that useful a feature, accepting
tickets that is, for Boost as there is small to no overlap in working in
bugs. It's more useful for components that have multiple people working
on them as a way to coordinate who works on tickets. For example I've
used it to tell Volodya that I'm working on some tickets for Boost
Build/bjam. But it doesn't really make much sense, as a single author,
to tell yourself you are working on a ticket.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything