Subject: Re: [boost] Active Tickets report and accepted info
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-07 10:48:42

On 6/7/2010 9:21 AM, Marshall Clow wrote:
> On Jun 7, 2010, at 6:53 AM, Marshall Clow wrote:

>>> I find it more like it's not really that useful a feature,
>>> accepting tickets that is, for Boost as there is small to no
>>> overlap in working in bugs. It's more useful for components that
>>> have multiple people working on them as a way to coordinate who
>>> works on tickets. For example I've used it to tell Volodya that
>>> I'm working on some tickets for Boost Build/bjam. But it doesn't
>>> really make much sense, as a single author, to tell yourself you
>>> are working on a ticket.
>>
>> I see it as a notice to the world that you have looked at a bug and
>> decided that it is valid.
>
> [ Followup ] We've even got a page on ticket workflow [ and no, I
> didn't just write it ;-) ]
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/TicketWorkflow

That's nice.. Except I started with my use of trac before that page
existed ;-) For justification about how I use the "accept" I point to
the state to which a ticket moves to when "accepted" ==> "assigned". But
I can look at a ticket and determine it's valid without determining whom
it should be "assigned" to, Volodya or myself, as it could be either one
of us can fix it at some future point. Perhaps "accepting" a ticket
should move it to "acknowledged" instead of "assigned".

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything