Subject: [boost] Boost.Function comparisons
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-09 00:37:29

Hi,

I know this has been a big issue in the distant past and I admit to
being too lazy to pore through the old discussion history, but I was
reading through the proposed C++0x standard and noticed there was no
equality comparison for std::function, so I went to look at Boost.
There I saw that boost::function<S> has meaningful equality
comparisons with objects of the type stored in the function instance,
but not with function<S> itself. And that struck me as very odd. It
was clearly quite intentional, since such comparisons are
intentionally “poisoned” to make sure nobody uses them. So can
someone explain this to me? Whatever the rationale, I think it should
be available in the documentation.

Thanks,

--
Dave Abrahams