Subject: Re: [boost] [xint] Fourth release, requesting preliminary review again
From: DE (satan66613_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-09 15:23:00

on 01.06.2010 at 17:44
 Chad Nelson wrote :
congrats with the new release!
great job indeed!

i ran through the docs and partly through the sources and have
something to say

is_odd and is_even is_a_good_decision_indeed
in general i like what the interface looks like very much

so far i have a question about fixed_integer
personally my intention was that fixed integers do not allocate memory
on the heap but do everything completely on the stack
but now it's look like i need to do the following to achieve a fixed
size int:

  template<size_t size>
  class my_stack_allocator {/*...*/};

  typedef xint::fixed_integer<512, my_stack_allocator<512> > int512;

in my opinion this is redudant since a the size of a given fixed
integer is known in advance (at compile time) and it is intended to
NOT allocate on the heap (as i understand it) and even not supposed to
use an allocator

--
Pavel
P.S.