Subject: Re: [boost] [nowide] Request for interest (nowide unicode support for windows)
From: Artyom (artyomtnk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-13 13:43:26

> Version 3, now in trunk, is totally "wide path" under
> Windows, at
> least with the Microsoft supplied standard library. And
> even with
> Cygwin, everything is totally wide path except that wide
> paths in file
> opens are converted to narrow paths for the actual i/o
> stream call.
>
> --Beman

Quick glance on the boost::filesystem::v3::basic_filebuf

There is a problem with MinGW implementation. libstdc++ (as according
to standard does not support opening files with wide characters
so as I can see you will not be able to open even wide path
with boost::filesystem::ifstream on MinGW platform.

Correct me if I wrong or missed something.

(Not talking about Cygwin that has native UTF-8 support)