Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-users] [mini-review] Update of Boost.Assign (13th-19th of June)
From: Christopher Jefferson (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-13 18:40:58

On 13 Jun 2010, at 21:57, Thorsten Ottosen wrote:

> If you have comments and suggestions about these new features, please submit a small review or voice your oppinion on the Boost developer list. If you have other feedback for Boost.Assign, now would be a good time to mention them too.

While independant of this change, I believe Boost.Assign may be ideally suited to use variadic templates. I am already making use of a variadic push_back and container construction, like:

push_back(v,1,2,3,4);

and:

make<std::vector>(1,2,3,4,5); // Makes a std::vector<int> containing 1,2,3,4,5
make_list(1,2,3,4,5); // Makes a list which can be assigned to any standard container, filling it with 1,2,3,4,5.

I do not know if it would be best for these to be integrated into the existing library, or kept separate.

Chris