Subject: Re: [boost] config with cygwin
From: Robert Jones (robertgbjones_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-14 05:29:58

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Robert wrote:
>
> > I've recently upgraded to the lastest version of Cygwin and found that
> > this current version supports wchar_t, wstring, etc
>
> Yes! Finally! MinGW also now supports them. Filesystem V3 requires
> wchar_t, wstring, etc., and all the tests pass with both Cygwin and
> MinGW.

I can't recall the details, but IIRC there was chatter a while back that
due to limitations of Cygwin/MinGW you'd decided drop full support for
these platforms from Boost.Filesystem.

Assuming my recollections are broadly correct, does this latest development
now mean that Cygwin/MinGW are again fully supported by Boost.Filesystem.

Thanks.

-- Rob