Subject: Re: [boost] [nowide] Request for interest (nowide unicode support for windows)
From: Alexander Lamaison (awl03_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-15 09:37:48

> On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 10:24:15 -0700 (PDT), Artyom wrote:
>
> I'm not talking about "Wide" path -- this is exectly what I was writing
> "nowide" make a library compatible with C/C++ **standard** functions
> like std::fstream::open(char const *,...) or std::fopen(char const *,...)
> but be fully Unicode enabled (utf-8) as they are on all-other operating
> systems without all "wide" api.
>
> Is somebody interested?

I am. I don't know if this is the right solution but it's definitely worth
some thought.

ATM I'm writing my library interfaces to take basic_path<T> paramters so
that Windows developers can pass a fs::wpath and others can pass fs::path.
It would be nice if everyone could pass the same thing.

Alex

--
Easy SFTP for Windows Explorer (http://www.swish-sftp.org)