Subject: Re: [boost] [RFC] string inserter/extractor "q u o t i n g"
From: Alexander Lamaison (awl03_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-16 10:26:28

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 10:05:11 -0400, Stewart, Robert wrote:

> Beman Dawes wrote:
>
>> Are delimit() and undelimit() suitable names for the functions?
>
> I don't care much for "undelimit" but I can't think of anything better
> as "delimit" seems exactly suited to the other operation.

I'm not convinced by delimit. The dictionary definition is to do with
marking a boundary so it applies to the ""-case but not \ and others.

What about escape\unescape or encode\decode. The URL specifications call
this type of operation encoding [1] but I think escaping is a more common
and less ambiguous name.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Addressing/URL/url-spec.txt

Alex

--