Subject: [boost] [filesystem] wfstream file open does not create file in std::ios_base::out mode
From: Ramakrishna, Kirankumar IN BLR SISL (Kiran.Ramakrishna_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-17 09:48:49

Hello,

I am using boost version 1.42 and the below code is tested on Windows Xp SP3 and Suse 11.2

The below code creates new file when opened using fstream object, but fails to create when opened using wftream object.
This behavior is consistent across platforms (Windows and Linux).
Also the error code which I get after fileHandleW.open call is,

 1. ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND for std::ios_base::out
 2. ERROR_NEGATIVE_SEEK for std::ios_base::app

In case of append mode, the file gets created. But still I get the above mentioned error code.

#include "boost/filesystem/fstream.hpp"

int
main()
{
    boost::filesystem::path pA("C:\\testA.txt");
    boost::filesystem::wpath pW(L"C:\\testW.txt");
    boost::filesystem::fstream fileHandleA;
    boost::filesystem::wfstream fileHandleW;
    fileHandleA.open(pA, std::ios_base::out);
    fileHandleW.open(pW, std::ios_base::out);
    return 0;
}

Kindly help me in this regard.

Regards,
Kiran

Important notice: This e-mail and any attachment there to contains corporate proprietary information. If you have received it by mistake, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and delete this e-mail and its attachments from your system.
Thank You.