Subject: [boost] [xint] Sixth release, preliminary review again please
From: Chad Nelson (chad.thecomfychair_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-18 20:30:33
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
The next iteration of the Extended Integer library (a arbitrary-length
integer math library) is now available in the sandbox (at
<https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/xint>) and the Vault (at
I think it's nearly ready for an official review. :-)
The changes between this release and the last one are:
* Refined the use of Boost.Parameter. Now only fixedlength takes a
parameter; the other options are non-parameter types, which simplifies
both their use and their implementation.
* Minor redesign, taking advantage of proper policy-based design. nan()
and operator~() are now only available on nothrow and fixedlength types,
respectively, and is_nan() gets different definitions in the standard
and nothrow types.
* Added unsigned support, by request, with a variety of options for what
to do when a calculation results in a negative number.
* Added the difference function.
* Added support for wide-character strings, by request.
* Added the safe-bool idiom, by request.
This release, like the last ones, includes a slightly older version of
Ion GaztaÃ±aga's preliminary Move library too. I haven't tested it with
the current version, but it should work with that as well. The Move
library is not used by default, and makes only a slight difference to
the speed when thread-safety is enabled.
Still on my immediate to-do list:
* Add support for GCC's -fno-exceptions option.
* Add more examples.
Oak Circle Software, Inc.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk