Subject: [boost] [uuid] Dependency on Boost.MPL & Boost.TypeTraits
From: Kedar Bodas (kdbadass_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-21 08:51:47

Hello,

The <boost/uuid/uuid.hpp> header currently has a dependency on
<boost/mpl/bool.hpp> & <boost/type_traits/is_pod.hpp>. This is only used to
declare the type_trait is_pod<uuids::uuid> AFAICT for the uuid_serialize.hpp
header. No other part of the library seems to have any dependency on it.

Here's my problem:

By company policy I am not allowed to make any changes to a boost library
header. The MPL & type_traits libraries are not currently authorized for use
within our code. This means I can't use Boost.Uuid either. Is it possible
for the above included headers to be enclosed within an inclusion guard like
UUID_NO_TYPE_TRAITS_DEPENDENCY so that by defining this macro I can remove
this dependency without having to change the <boost/uuid/uuid.hpp> header?
Or better still since only uuid_serialize.hpp seems to need it this
dependency might be moved there. Since we don't use Boost.Serialization in
our code this will solve my problem. This will also serve the purpose of
reducing the dependencies of the core part of the library and make it more
modular.

PS. I am not really sure if this belongs in this list or the boost-users
mailing list.

Thanks,

--
Kedar Bodas,