Subject: Re: [boost] [GIL] integration between boost libraries (gil / multiarray)
From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-22 02:43:03

Hi there,

>> Gil is concept based.
>
> That doesn't necessarily make it generic :-0

Do you mean that tools like concepts in the wrong hands can cause
confusion or just plain gibberish? If so, I'm pretty sure the people
at adobe who handcrafted gil knew what they were doing. Also gil
survived the boost review and is now part of boost for a couple of
years, or so.

I don't really wanna blow up this issue. For now view concepts from
gil and multi_array are not compatible I would say. Hopefully in the
future we can agree on 2D and 3D container and container view concepts
that should be implemented by all libs who need such functionality. In
the same we way boost needs a common point2D structure. ;-)

> In C++ sans-concept-support, it's easy to define concepts that aren't
> amenable to post-hoc mapping
>
> (definition:http://cpp-next.com/archive/2009/11/three-kinds-of-concept-maps/).

Thanks for the link!

Christian