Subject: Re: [boost] [mpi] Boost.MPI broken
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-23 02:58:43

Steven Watanabe wrote:
> AMDG
>
> David Abrahams wrote:
>> At Tue, 22 Jun 2010 15:34:13 -0400 (EDT),
>> Jeremiah Willcock wrote:
>>
>>> Almost all of the regression tests for Boost.MPI on the Boost trunk
>>> are failing, and this is leading to failures in
>>> Boost.Graph.Parallel as well. Is this a known problem? Could
>>> someone please work on fixing it? Thank you.
>>>

>> It would help if you could go one or two steps further in diagnosing
>> the issue so we know whether it's a Boost.Build problem, a Boost.Test
>> problem, or something else. I.e. who should be paying attention?
>>

> It looks like it was broken by a serialization change:
>
> ../boost/mpi/datatype.hpp:184: error: no matching function for call
> to 'assertion_failed(mpl_::failed************
> boost::mpi::is_mpi_datatype<boost::archive::version_type>::************)'

I suspected as much. But I didn't know where to look.

I suspect ../boost/mpi/datatype.hpp: needs some code like:

/// specialization of is_mpi_datatype serialization types
template <>
struct is_mpi_datatype<boost::archive::version_type >
: public boost::mpl::true_
{};

template <>
struct is_mpi_datatype<boost::serialization::item_version_type >
: public boost::mpl::true_
{};

template <>
struct is_mpi_datatype<boost::serialization::collection_size_type >
: public boost::mpl::true_
{};

I would prefer that someone who knows what they're doing
check this and make the changes.

Robert Ramey