Subject: [boost] [Docs] Should remove_pointer doc make mention of and link to pointee doc?
From: Mostafa (mostafa_working_away_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-03 04:33:47

Hi all,

Shouldn't the remove_pointer doc [tinyurl.com/336cmlp] under type_traits
library make mention of and link to the pointee doc
[http://tinyurl.com/339n3f4]? (I must say that I've been wholly ignorant
of the latter in the couple of years that I've been using boost, since I
always expected it to be under type_traits.) Additionally, it would be
great if it was explained why it's not part of the type_traits library,
since, at least I believe, it's not very obvious.

One last question, why is pointee under the iterator library docs, when it
also deals with shared_ptrs? Shouldn't it fall under the utility doc? (The
iterator doc would be the last place I would look if I wanted to find
something on shared_ptrs.)

Thanks,

-Mostafa