Subject: [boost] Maintenance NOT suspended
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-08 09:55:22

On Jul 8, 2010, at 8:28 AM, Christophe Henry wrote:

> I would like to attract your attention to the very special
> position you have in this community, especially among newcomers I
> count myself with. Seeing dave (I mean THE dave! ;-) ) not maintaining
> his libraries creates a precedent and sends a wrong signal, which
> deals a blow to boost's credibility. Companies could wonder, waow, if
> the community cannot even help dave maintain his libraries, in which
> state must be others?
>
> Also considering that ryppl is so far not a reality yet and not even
> agreed on, we need a solution for the time being.
> Why not simply request help from the community to which you brought so
> much? I'm sure that many would be happy to help you on this.

Heh, leave it to the Boost community to teach me that there's a Boost community! Thank you, Christophe, you're very right.

I hereby apologize to the community for my earlier announcement and request that you accept a retraction :-)

> So, concretely, what is the problem? Do you have no time handling the
> feature requests or is svn the problem?

I'll prepare a proper response to these questions in a separate message, but I wanted to head off any damage immediately.

Regards,

--
David Abrahams
BoostPro Computing